A Path to Money, Meaning, and Variety for Multipotentialites with Emilie Wapnick – SASM 119
You're about to Learn ...
- Why money, meaning, and variety are the pillars of great multipotentialite work
- Whether you’d make a better group hugger, slasher, Einstein, or phoenix.
- How to give or do an interview as a multipotentialite.
- Why embracing your plurality is a gift to the world.
- How to turn “What do you do?” into “What are you doing here?”
- Why a project-based life might beat the alternatives.
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode
Where to Find Emilie Online
Direct Audio Download for This Episode
How to Support Me, This Show, and Our Community
It doesn't matter if you have thirty seconds or thirty minutes. And it's all good if you support financially, mentally, or another way that feels most appropriate.
If you're already a Smart and Simple Matters listener, get some extra gratitude when you click here to leave me a short iTunes review and help our message spread even further (it's a huge help!).
If you want to help me, the folks who depend upon my creations, and add your support to countless other awesome people in a unique way, click here for the Support page and rock our worlds!
Timestamps and Topics
- [05:17] What’s happened since Emilie published How to Be Everything
- [11:48] What it’s like to be a leader of the weirdos
- [18:18] What drew Emilie to a two year book writing project
- [21:24] Why money, meaning, and variety are the pillars of great multipotentialite work
- [26:19] Details about four super-friendly multipotentialite work models
- [34:15] How fear, guilt, and shame show up for Emilie
- [38:30] How to hire and be hired as a multipotentialite
- [48:00] Why embracing your plurality is a gift to the world
Awesome Ways to Subscribe to the Show
I'm Grateful for Your Reviews!
If you enjoyed this specific episode or the Smart and Simple Matters show in general, I always appreciate an honest iTunes review right here. Every single rating and review is a huge help, lets others find the show more easily, and generates a ton of gratitude!
Here are the four quick steps to leave an iTunes review (assuming iTunes is already installed):
- Click here to visit the Smart and Simple Matters iTunes page.
- Click the blue button on the left labeled "View in iTunes" below the show cover art.
- When iTunes loads, click the navigation tab labeled "Ratings and Reviews" and then click the "Write a Review" button underneath the "Customer Reviews" heading.
- Write a review with whatever title you like, whatever length you have time for, and give the show an honest rating. If you don't think it deserves five stars, don't give it five stars.
Thanks again for your time and attention! And if you have someone or something you’d like me to cover on an upcoming show, tell us in the comments below.