Delight is Right in Your Hands with Annie Raser-Rowland – SASM 120
You're about to Learn ...
- What noise, light, and other pervasive pollution might be doing to you.
- What a well-cultivated mental landscape can look like.
- How a frugal lifestyle can be the highest form of luxury.
- How to play games with your senses so they delight in the everyday.
- How Annie easily supports herself on 1/4 the average Australian income.
- How to own your pleasure-seeking urges without paying for it.
- Why Annie is forced to be a good human (the horror!).
- The joys of going barefoot.
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode
- Slow Home Podcast: The Art of Frugal Hedonism with Annie Raser-Rowland
- Rewild Yourself: The Barefoot Podiatrist with Dr. Ray McClanahan
Direct Audio Download for This Episode
How to Support Me, This Show, and Our Community
It doesn't matter if you have thirty seconds or thirty minutes. And it's all good if you support financially, mentally, or another way that feels most appropriate.
If you're already a Smart and Simple Matters listener, get some extra gratitude when you click here to leave me a short iTunes review and help our message spread even further (it's a huge help!).
If you want to help me, the folks who depend upon my creations, and add your support to countless other awesome people in a unique way, click here for the Support page and rock our worlds!
Timestamps and Topics
- [03:37] Annie’s seeds of awesomeness
- [08:31] Stories of some of Annie’s biggest adventures
- [13:35] Different types of pollution and how they impact different people
- [17:51] How Annie supplements her long hikes with foraged food
- [26:27] How to slow down enough to enjoy life’s everyday moments
- [34:26] How fun and fulfillment don’t change across cultures and eras
- [38:48] Where Annie gets a consistent sense of belonging
- [44:08] The big question that Annie’s asking herself and others
- [52:02] A super simple thing that helps you buy less and experience more
Awesome Ways to Subscribe to the Show
I'm Grateful for Your Reviews!
If you enjoyed this specific episode or the Smart and Simple Matters show in general, I always appreciate an honest iTunes review right here. Every single rating and review is a huge help, lets others find the show more easily, and generates a ton of gratitude!
Here are the four quick steps to leave an iTunes review (assuming iTunes is already installed):
- Click here to visit the Smart and Simple Matters iTunes page.
- Click the blue button on the left labeled "View in iTunes" below the show cover art.
- When iTunes loads, click the navigation tab labeled "Ratings and Reviews" and then click the "Write a Review" button underneath the "Customer Reviews" heading.
- Write a review with whatever title you like, whatever length you have time for, and give the show an honest rating. If you don't think it deserves five stars, don't give it five stars.
Thanks again for your time and attention! And if you have someone or something you’d like me to cover on an upcoming show, tell us in the comments below.