How to Be Human and Our 9 Core Needs with Ry Edwards – SASM 129
You're about to Learn ...
- The nine core human needs that govern everything in life.
- Simple questions that will help you understand why you do what you do.
- Why love is helping others meet their core human needs.
- How drama club saved Ry from a ton of drama outside of the club.
- Why our cultural needs like money, fashion, or travel get conflated with our human needs.
- How to make your rituals and routines serve your core needs.
- What happens when you ask a stranger to borrow their smartphone.
- Why Ry watched a three-hour movie while breathing through a straw.
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode
Timestamps and Topics
- [06:06] Ry's seeds of awesomeness
- [10:51] The power of music and the story behind Ry's childhood guitar
- [15:40] How to be human through faith, love, and joy
- [19:58] Some fundamentals of what makes us human
- [27:36] Describing and explaining our nine core human needs
- [48:01] Cultural needs vs. human needs
- [54:11] Why Ry loves love so much
Awesome Ways to Subscribe to the Show
I'm Grateful for Your Reviews!
If you enjoyed this specific episode or the Smart and Simple Matters show in general, I always appreciate an honest iTunes review right here. Every single rating and review is a huge help, lets others find the show more easily, and generates a ton of gratitude!
Here are the four quick steps to leave an iTunes review (assuming iTunes is already installed):
- Click here to visit the Smart and Simple Matters iTunes page.
- Click the blue button on the left labeled "View in iTunes" below the show cover art.
- When iTunes loads, click the navigation tab labeled "Ratings and Reviews" and then click the "Write a Review" button underneath the "Customer Reviews" heading.
- Write a review with whatever title you like, whatever length you have time for, and give the show an honest rating. If you don't think it deserves five stars, don't give it five stars.
Thanks again for your time and attention! And if you have someone or something you’d like me to cover on an upcoming show, tell us in the comments below.