Joel Zaslofsky Speaks: Real-World Results from a Candid Renaissance Man
"Joel is a master connector and gets genuine joy from putting people together and watching the sparks fly. I know many people (myself included) who have benefited massively from his desire to see others succeed. And every time I talk with him, I feel inspired to do more, be more, and give more."Brooke McAlary
Although I've done prominent presentations at events like SXSW and Ignite Minneapolis, I'm not a conventional public speaker (or conventional anything). I'm mainly a facilitator through hosting events and leading workshops.
I normally prefer a community to an audience, but one thing's for sure: your people are ready for someone different.
Someone with engaging charisma, interactive experience, and the motivational know-how to turn words into action. Someone who's OK with being authentic and vulnerable – and showing others how to be the same.
Because nobody wants another talk, emcee, or facilitator who's merely “nice.”
We can do better than nice.
If we're a great fit, and you'll know in a moment, then I'm an ideal choice to speak or facilitate at your next event. I educate businesses, non-profits, schools, and other organizations on diverse topics like simple-living, community-building, making an impact with your voice, and Experience Curating.
My style is energetic, entertaining, story-filled, and personal. And I love pulling from my experience in the corporate world, as an entrepreneur, and my family life.
I customize each engagement for your audience and adjust on the fly to meet their unique strengths and challenges. Whether you have an intimate crowd or a theater of thousands, need an overview or step-by-step breakdown, or want heavy participation or a quiet crowd – I handle it all.
My words have been featured in The Huffington Post, USA Today, Becoming Minimalist, interviews with global reach, and at gatherings from public conferences to exclusive engagements.
My bottom line is always this, though: to powerfully and relevantly guide your people in a practical way that leads to immediate positive change.
A Great Host Can Make or Break Your Event
"Joel’s generous, selfless, and has a bold desire to see everyone around him thrive."Joshua Becker
Even before I started designing and hosting international, multi-day events, I happily brought small groups together for years in my local Toastmasters group and Live Your Legend Local community.
That's where I learned skills like how to:
- Gracefully redirect conversation hijackers and enforce the group's ground rules with a smile.
- Tactfully keep an event on-time without killing people's fun or compromising its momentum.
- Freely draw out a shy introvert and make them happy to get uncomfortable.
- Deftly influence the use of technology so people use their phones to dive deeper into the programming, not escape it.
- Cleverly create a sense of belonging among strangers and help them become fast friends (which they'll thank you for).
You get more than a trained verbal and non-verbal communication expert with a Communications degree when you hire me. You also get my community-organizing experience and intense passion for meaningfully bringing people together.
My Main Topics
If you're looking for an event host or workshop leader, we'll be an ideal fit if you're bring people together around the simple-living movement, community-building, being intentional, curating, multipotentiality, or podcasting.
If you're looking for a keynote speaker like me, I'm ready to talk about these topics:
- How to Be More Grateful, Fulfilled, and Happy With Less Stuff and Less Stress
- The Power of Unconventional Organizing with Conventional Tools
- Giving Up the “Good Life” for a Great Life
- Experience Curating: Filter, Organize, and Share Your Way to Success with Anything
Play the video below or watch on YouTube for an example of my playful and provocative style.
I may be open to leading or speaking about topics outside of these main areas, so just let me know what's on your mind.
“Joel's presentation at Ignite Minneapolis was the highlight among nineteen other speakers. His speech was polished and the crowd was so engaged that you could hear a pin drop. As President of a Toastmasters chapter and a fellow public speaker, I know how rare it is to see someone connect and earn the audience’s respect like Joel did.”
Groups That Dig Me
People from all walks of life are intrigued to have me lead their discussions or hear me speak. Examples include:
- University faculty or alumni associations.
- Grass-roots volunteers at non-profit organizations.
- Industry events or trade shows.
- Executives at companies of various sizes.
- Children in middle or secondary school.
I'll gladly adjust how serious or “professional” I come across to meet your audience’s expectations. That’s because my goal is to engage your people with their unique needs, style, and preferences in mind.
Now's the time to explore my unconventional intersection of humor, learning, and inspiration.
Where I've Been Featured
My words have been showcased in a number of prominent places. And here are some highlights of where I've hosted or spoken at recently (and can be found next):
- World Domination Summit 2018: Ran three Offers and Needs Markets
- SimpleREV 2015: Organized, designed, and hosted
- SXSW Interactive 2015 Talk, Beyond Marketing: How Curation Will Work for You
- SimpleREV 2014: Organized, designed, and hosted
- The Minimalists Everything That Remains Tour Stop in St. Paul, MN
- Ignite Minneapolis 5
- None right now (lucky you!)
More about Joel
Click here to discover more about me and the brief story of my personal renaissance.
“Joel’s brilliant at seeing the big picture and dealing with life’s finer points. He’s an authentic guy with deep passion and compassion.”
Looking for Something Specific?
Hi! I'm Joel Zaslofsky.
I bring together diverse communities, podcast about smart and simple matters, and get you excited about spreadsheets. Let's explore how to live intentionally, embrace our multipotentiality, build authentic relationships, and have tons of gratitude. No prior experience is required.