As a former corporate technology strategist and current user of various technology platforms, this is something near and dear to me.
Because even the youngest and oldest among us are now immersed in technology. It can be uniquely empowering or mercilessly paralyzing depending on your knowledge and skill with it. So I'm thrilled to have a true tech pro – Ethan Waldman – joining me on the SASM show to talk about his experiences and advice.
Ethan's a Cloud Coach, email guru, and has been featured in many prominent places like ProBlogger, Be More with Less, Productive Flourishing … the hits go on and on.
We'll break down how technology is best used by small businesses, ways to harness it for simplifying and organizing, and how to thrive with the least amount of technology possible.
In this podcast episode you'll learn about:
- What mixing passion, patience, and confidence can do for you
- A huge warning sign your email inbox is sick
- How to value your time…and when to respect it enough to allow people to help you
- Success with using the least amount of technology possible
- The first question business owners normally ask Ethan…and why it's the wrong question to ask
- What kind of self-sufficiency is most important for small businesses
- The story behind the quote, “Tiny man in tiny house seeks tiny piece of land”
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode Include:
- Website: Cloud-Coach.net
- Website: Inbox Zero
- Resource: The Personal User Guide
- Website: Workflowy
- Blogs: Paid to Exist, Live Your Legend, Rowdy Kittens
- Software: Evernote
- Software (Online Storage and Synching): Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive
- Book: Clutter Busting by Brooks Palmer
- [02:17] How Ethan became the Cloud Coach and his intriguing story
- [07:28] Controlling your email instead of having it control you
- [16:11] Flourishing with using the least amount of technology possible
- [17:56] The critical importance of technology self-sufficiency
- [20:50] Tools and resources Ethan uses to simplify his life
- [28:02] Talking about tiny houses and “drinking water and air for dinner”
Awesome Ways to Subscribe to the Show
If you're not already subscribed for automatic notifications of a new show, please do so with one of the links below.
- Click here to subscribe with iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to download the transcript for podcast 003
I'm Grateful for Your iTunes Reviews!
If you enjoyed this specific episode or the Smart and Simple Matters show in general, I always appreciate when people go to the iTunes page and leave an honest review. Every single review is a huge help and received with gratitude!
If you want to make me incredibly thankful, like the people who have recently left an iTunes review, here are the four quick steps (assuming iTunes is already installed):
- Visit the Smart and Simple Matters iTunes page here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/value-simple-podcast-joel/id545208089
- Click the blue button on the left labeled “View in iTunes” below the cover art of the show
- When iTunes loads, scroll down below the “Customer Reviews” section and click the link labeled “Write a Review”
- Write a review with whatever title you like, whatever length you have time for, and give the show an honest rating. If you don't think it deserves five stars, don't rate it as a five star show.
And if you have someone or something you'd like us to cover on an upcoming show, tell us in the comments below.