This is a special episode of Smart and Simple Matters for many reasons.
The first reason is the topic, namely the Continuous Creation Challenge.
This is our insane (and insanely beneficial) challenge where – for a period of time – you shift all your energy from many forms of consumption into channeled creation.
There's huge flexibility in your planning and doing of the Continuous Creation Challenge (CCC) – including how long, when, what consumption to eliminate, and what projects to create – but it's disruptive enough to the status quo to open your eyes to what could be possible.
You'll hear the full origin story of the CCC in this episode, but I never intended for anyone else to do one when I experimented with it in April 2012.
But now? I'm passionate about having 100,000 people create their own awesomeness during a CCC before the end of 2014.
Is this my most ambitious goal yet?
Probably. And I'll need your help to pull this off. By the time you're done listening to this episode, I bet you'll be interested and motivated enough to help not just me, but to help yourself achieve an experience that many people would only dream about.
What You'll Learn
I'm giving you the full who, what, when, where, and why in this show. Make sure to listen to the end for all the quirky, funny, and thoughtful commentary on this Continuous Creation Challenge business!
In this episode you'll learn about:
- How to stretch yourself to the point of discomfort … and liberation from the status quo.
- What the heck a Continuous Creation Challenge is (kind of important, no?).
- The best practices of planning and doing your CCC so you can rock it.
- Why I intentionally fast for 72 hours and have tried to go even longer.
- How you can (and may want to) help with my super-ambitious CCC goal.
- Some funky FAQs (like whether sex is allowed during your CCC).
- How to destroy your limiting beliefs and clarify what you're capable of.
- Major unexpected benefits of a CCC like enhanced self-awareness.
- Who knows the “right” way to do a Continuous Creation Challenge.
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode Include:
- [02:18] Intro to the Continuous Creation Challenge
- [05:33] The origin story of the CCC
- [09:17] I tell you how this CCC dealio actually works
- [19:08] My previous CCC plans vs. what I actually experienced
- [24:54] What you can create in 72 hours or 120 hours with focused intention
- [31:50] What other people have created in their CCC
- [36:28] The planning process for a smooth and rewarding CCC
- [42:28] Basic troubleshooting and some FAQs
- [48:59] Recap and a request for help
Awesome Ways to Subscribe to the Show
If you're not already subscribed for automatic notifications of a new show, please do so with one of the links below.
- Click here to subscribe with iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
The transcript will not be available until I find a new transcriptionist (if you know someone good, let me know).
I'm Grateful for Your iTunes Reviews!
If you enjoyed this specific episode or the Smart and Simple Matters show in general, I always appreciate when people go to the iTunes page and leave an honest review. Every single review is a huge help and received with gratitude!
If you want to make me incredibly thankful, like the people who have recently left an iTunes review, here are the four quick steps (assuming iTunes is already installed):
- Visit the Smart and Simple Matters iTunes page here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/value-simple-podcast-joel/id545208089
- Click the blue button on the left labeled “View in iTunes” below the cover art of the show
- When iTunes loads, scroll down below the “Customer Reviews” section and click the link labeled “Write a Review”
- Write a review with whatever title you like, whatever length you have time for, and give the show an honest rating. If you don't think it deserves five stars, don't rate it as a five star show.
And if you have someone or something you'd like us to cover on an upcoming show, tell us in the comments below.