Mohamed Tohami of Midway Simplicity has declared 2014 as the year passion meets simplicity.
Can I just say one thing about that?
I'm in. Way in.
I'm passionate about bringing people together and simple-living. So it's no surprise that I'm co-organizing – and Tohami's supporting – SimpleRev, an event for 200+ simplicity enthusiasts.
Tohami (as he's called by his friends) knows more about the inseparable bond between passion and simplicity than just about anyone else.
He's also Egypt's #1 motivation expert, a dynamic public speaker, an Amazon best-selling author of books like The Pharaohs' Code and the aptly titled Midway Simplicity, and the father of a tiny little guy named Adam.
Let's get inside this humble and wise man's head, shall we?
Some people think that you should lead your life by logic, which is a big mistake. The leader should be your heart. It should tell you what it wants to do. And the mind's role is to find ways on how to fulfill your heart's desires. – Mohamed Tohami
Get ready to develop a new passion for passion … and simplicity!
You're about to Learn …
- What transforms an ordinary person into an extraordinary person.
- How to stop your paycheck from controlling your life.
- Why simple-living is addictive (and how you can get addicted).
- What's written in books … and what's hidden in the back stories.
- How to find your life's purpose in less than 30 minutes.
- Why passion acts like a sweeper to clear away the excess.
- A go-to and fail-safe approach to decluttering anything.
- Why simple-living is about abundance, not sacrifice.
- The one core principle of Midway Simplicity.
- Why you should lead with your heart, not your mind.
- The three great pillars that empower passionate work.
- Tohami's challenge to you … and your chance to connect the dots.
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode:
- Blog Posts:
- [05:26] Tohami's seeds of awesomeness
- [08:22] Tohami's struggles in listening to his heart
- [16:23] Why simplicity is addictive
- [23:36] Role models for the intersection of passion and simplicity
- [26:36] Slowing down and listening to your heart
- [30:12] Ways to express gratitude
- [32:35] Finding simplicity's middle ground
- [39:33] The P.A.S. Technique and finding your purpose
Awesome Ways to Subscribe to the Show
If you're not already subscribed for automatic notifications of a new show, please do so with one of the links below.
- Click here to subscribe with iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
The transcript will not be available until I find a new transcriptionist (if you know someone good, let me know).
I'm Grateful for Your iTunes Reviews!
If you enjoyed this specific episode or the Smart and Simple Matters show in general, I always appreciate when people go to the iTunes page and leave an honest review. Every single review is a huge help and received with gratitude!
If you want to make me incredibly thankful, like the people who have recently left an iTunes review, here are the four quick steps (assuming iTunes is already installed):
- Visit the Smart and Simple Matters iTunes page here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/value-simple-podcast-joel/id545208089
- Click the blue button on the left labeled “View in iTunes” below the cover art of the show
- When iTunes loads, scroll down below the “Customer Reviews” section and click the link labeled “Write a Review”
- Write a review with whatever title you like, whatever length you have time for, and give the show an honest rating. If you don't think it deserves five stars, don't rate it as a five star show.
And if you have someone or something you'd like us to cover on an upcoming show, tell us in the comments below.