Do you know why factory tours are so popular?
Is it because:
- We want to see how the sausage is made, even if we say otherwise?
- We feel a deeper connection to a creator as we get further behind-the-scenes?
- We like free beer?
There's no free beer here. But you'll dig this SimpleREV factory tour and the exciting vision being shared for the first time.
After all, it's all about you.
I go solo in this episode to talk about the grand vision of redefining simple living … SimpleREV style.
How we can be intentional about what we think and do? Where do mindfulness and gratitude hang out?
Why it's so dang important to develop a sense of “enough?” How can we be consumed with something other than consumption?
All these questions can be answered by our community of simple living enthusiasts.
It doesn't hurt to have an amazing framework to build upon, which is what we've found in Jonathan Fields' 18-step process to start non-violent revolutions.
So let's take the SimpleREV factory tour together right now. Make sure to holler if we need to improve the workers, process, and story as you see the challenges, champions, and direction of this simple living movement,.
You're about to Learn …
- How to declutter your heart, brain, and soul.
- Why hyper-consumerism and mindlessness are driving us into a ditch.
- Who the SimpleREV movement is serving (maybe you?).
- Why simple living is so hard for so many people.
- What we're rallying against (and will rip to shreds).
- How to get on Mother Nature's really good side.
- Why slowing down is so challenging … and so rewarding.
- How to be motivated by outcome, not income.
- What we're building to replace “The System.”
- Why you need to meet Amirah, Rich, and Martha.
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode:
- [00:24] The SimpleREV vision and framework initial context
- [06:21] SimpleREV avatar: Amirah (a.k.a. the Kool-Aid drinker)
- [11:49] SimpleREV avatar: Rich (a.k.a. needs to drink the Kool-Aid)
- [19:05] SimpleREV avatar: Martha (a.k.a. the simplicity champion)
- [20:23] What our shared oppression and pain is
- [24:49] Who is our dictator
- [30:45] Who is/are our leader(s)
- [31:32] Our inciting incident
- [32:34] Our “away from” rallying cry
- [35:18] Our unifying beliefs
- [39:30] The world we're moving towards
- [41:34] The making of the SimpleREV story
- [42:45] What our manifesto looks like
- [44:42] Recap of steps 4-10
- [46:04] Defining the path forward
- [48:33] Steps 12-18
- [53:03] Recap
Awesome Ways to Subscribe to the Show
If you're not already subscribed for automatic notifications of a new show, please do so with one of the links below.
- Click here to subscribe with iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- Click here to subscribe via Stitcher
The transcript will not be available until I find a new transcriptionist (if you know someone good, let me know).
I'm Grateful for Your iTunes Reviews!
If you enjoyed this specific episode or the Smart and Simple Matters show in general, I always appreciate when people go to the iTunes page and leave an honest review. Every single review is a huge help and received with gratitude!
If you want to make me incredibly thankful, like the people who have recently left an iTunes review, here are the four quick steps (assuming iTunes is already installed):
- Visit the Smart and Simple Matters iTunes page here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/value-simple-podcast-joel/id545208089
- Click the blue button on the left labeled “View in iTunes” below the cover art of the show
- When iTunes loads, scroll down below the “Customer Reviews” section and click the link labeled “Write a Review”
- Write a review with whatever title you like, whatever length you have time for, and give the show an honest rating. If you don't think it deserves five stars, don't rate it as a five star show.
And if you have someone or something you'd like us to cover on an upcoming show, tell us in the comments below.