How the Modern Simplicity Movement Thrives with Dan Hayes – SASM 125
You're about to Learn ...
- Which of Dan’s five life pillars underpins the rest.
- How to be a strong believer without an organized belief system.
- Why a walk can be better for your head than your body.
- How the origins of our modern simplicity movement started with the Industrial Revolution.
- How Dan and his wife lived in 40 square feet for seven months.
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode
Where to Find Dan Online
Direct Audio Download for This Episode
Timestamps and Topics
- [04:54] The transition from podcasting to other things
- [12:52] The tradeoffs in moving from the big city to a small town
- [18:02] How Dan’s five life pillars have guided him
- [25:22] Habits and food that power Dan’s day-to-day
- [29:12] The origins of the Roycroft movement
- [42:57] How the spirit of Roycroft is alive and well today
Awesome Ways to Subscribe to the Show
I'm Grateful for Your Reviews!
If you enjoyed this specific episode or the Smart and Simple Matters show in general, I always appreciate an honest iTunes review right here. Every single rating and review is a huge help, lets others find the show more easily, and generates a ton of gratitude!
Here are the four quick steps to leave an iTunes review (assuming iTunes is already installed):
- Click here to visit the Smart and Simple Matters iTunes page.
- Click the blue button on the left labeled "View in iTunes" below the show cover art.
- When iTunes loads, click the navigation tab labeled "Ratings and Reviews" and then click the "Write a Review" button underneath the "Customer Reviews" heading.
- Write a review with whatever title you like, whatever length you have time for, and give the show an honest rating. If you don't think it deserves five stars, don't give it five stars.
Thanks again for your time and attention! And if you have someone or something you’d like me to cover on an upcoming show, tell us in the comments below.