How to Get a “Plan A” Life with Bravery and Bravado – SASM 107 with Warren Talbot
“Whether I'm dominating the world or the world is dominating me, I'm grateful.” – Zach Anner at World Domination Summit 2016
I rarely do this. But I've invited my “I love you” friend, Warren Talbot, back for a second episode to talk about … well, a lot of things actually.
I normally theme an episode and design some intentional questions around where I think the conversation may help you. This time though, Warren and I are a bunking bronco of bravado and ideas.
We discuss how I find gratitude opportunities even without growth opportunities, how Warren and I became “I love you” friends, how to borrow bravery when you're coming up short, and why Warren constantly asks himself, “What's the worst that can happen?”
There's more (of course). There always is with me and this show. So what do you say?
Press play and let's ride the bull together, baby!
You're about to Learn ...
- How to borrow bravery when you're coming up short.
- How to make conscious decisions and have your Plan A life.
- How to tell fear, “I hear you … but this is still happening.”
- Why Warren regularly asks himself, “What's the worst that can happen?”
- How I conjure up sunshine, rainbows, and lollipops wherever I go.
- How I find gratitude opportunities even without growth opportunities.
- Why the same circumstances present multiple chances at happiness.
- How Warren and I became “I love you” friends.
- How to invite people into open debate and past their real (or imagined) differences.
- How to walk across a conversational bridge of death to avoid drowning downstream.
- Where Warren and I overlap on our favorite conversation topics.
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode
- The Life Lab
- How to Turn Dreams into Reality with Warren and Betsy Talbot – SASM 036
- Bugging Out with David George Gordon #79 (Rewild Yourself)
- Be Brave with Chris Brogan (An Uncluttered Life)
- Tetris Theory, Mental Frameworks, and How to Act Accordingly with Colin Wright – SASM 025
Where to Find Warren Online
Direct Audio Download for This Episode
Timestamps and Topics
- [08:15] How to kick butt at new experiences
- [13:27] Some powerful questions to ask ourselves
- [21:38] Why I don't ask myself questions like “What's the worst that could happen?”
- [23:53] How I conjure up sunshine, rainbows, and lollipops wherever I go
- [28:57] The gift of having an “I love you” friend
- [35:31] Understanding how people want to receive your love
- [37:05] Being a conversational catalyst
- [40:34] How to invite people into open debate and past their real (or imagined) differences
- [47:31] Our top most meaningful and fascinating conversation topics
Awesome Ways to Subscribe to the Show
I'm Grateful for Your Reviews!
If you enjoyed this specific episode or the Smart and Simple Matters show in general, I always appreciate an honest iTunes review right here. Every single rating and review is a huge help, lets others find the show more easily, and generates a ton of gratitude!
Here are the four quick steps to leave an iTunes review (assuming iTunes is already installed):
- Click here to visit the Smart and Simple Matters iTunes page.
- Click the blue button on the left labeled "View in iTunes" below the show cover art.
- When iTunes loads, click the navigation tab labeled "Ratings and Reviews" and then click the "Write a Review" button underneath the "Customer Reviews" heading.
- Write a review with whatever title you like, whatever length you have time for, and give the show an honest rating. If you don't think it deserves five stars, don't give it five stars.
Thanks again for your time and attention! And if you have someone or something you’d like me to cover on an upcoming show, tell us in the comments below.